2020 FALL In-Town Soccer Play for all K-12!
This fall the Metuchen Soccer Club is offering In-town Soccer play for K-12. Building off our successful summer soccer camp sessions we will offer soccer play from September 24th thru October 31st
We anticipate Covid-19 to continue to have an impact on our community until the time a vaccine is available. To that end we are offering a program we consider to be the safest considering our current environment. While our In-town soccer program does not eliminate the possibility of exposure to Covid-19…
- it does offer our club the opportunity to more closely manage exposure to possible Covid-19 situations
- reduces probability of exposure to Covid-19
- reduces chance of abrupt season end dictated by change in status at other communities
The High-Level Details:
- Season: September 24th – October 31st
- Fee: $150 per player (non-refundable)
- Days of play: Thursday (after 4:00PM) and Saturday (various times)
- Player Pod sizes:
- Kinder., 1st, 2nd grade – 8 players (one trainer)
- 3rd and older grades – 16/20 players (two trainers, two parent coaches)
- If individual in Player Pod tests positive for covid-19, complete pod will not be allowed to play for 14 days
- Player that tested positive will not be allowed to return until (s)he receives a negative test
The In-depth Details:
Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd grade divisions
- Kindergarten coed sessions will be held at Edgar field at 9:00AM – 10:30AM on Saturday
- 1st / 2nd grade sessions will be held at Edgar field either 11:00AM-12:30PM or 1:00PM-2:30PM on Saturday
- Sessions will be coed unless player numbers allow for separate boys and girls groups
- Parents will NOT be allowed on field so please take that into consideration when registering your player
- All session will be led by trainers in player pods of no more than 8 players
- Players will remain with their pod for entire season
3rd Grade and older divisions
- Older players will train at one of three sessions on a weekday evening. These sessions will be held at Myrtle field from 4:30PM-5:45PM, 6:00PM-7:15PM, 7:30PM-8:45PM
- Training sessions will be organized into maximum of 16-20 player pods – along appropriate grade and skill level
- Each player pod will have two trainers per pod
- Pod size for older players are slightly larger to allow for better game play
- All trainers follow strict covid-19 guideline protocols
- Games will be played Saturday at either Myrtle or Charles field (times TBD)
- Games will be led by 2 volunteer parent coaches for entire season (please consider volunteering) – NO SUBSTITUTES FOR COACHES
- Teams for games will be organized at time of game (only within the “pod” of 20 players)
Most Important Detail:
Click on the REGISTER HERE! button on the left.
Enrollment space is limited so please register before August 31st deadline to ensure your player has a fall activity.
More information to come on Player/Parent/Club responsibilities as well as how we will organize the players into skill appropriate, and number appropriate size.
Please download Parent and Player Responsibility document by clicking the link below.
The document MSC_Parent_and_Player_Responsibility_Flyer.pdf was attached to this post.