News and Announcements
It’s Back… this Fall 2019…MTSC’s Mini-Meggers Pre K Soccer Program…
Our Pre-K soccer program is geared for 4 & 5 year olds who live in Metuchen or whose parents work in Metuchen, who are not entering Kindergarten in the Fall of 2019. Our Pre-K mini meggers program is led by the “famous” Spencer Rockman, director of Rovers International Soccer and the help of some parent coaches. The Mini-Meggers Program begins on Sunday, Sept. 15th and runs for 6 weeks on Sunday mornings from 9am to 10:15am. The location is TBD soon. The registration fee is $65.00 and includes a team shirt, a soccer ball and guaranteed smiles and fun.
**Space is limited for this program and will close once we reach the limit.
Click on the REGISTER HERE! button to register today!
Fall Registration is OPEN! Click on the BIG RED BUTTON to register now!
Regular prices are $150 per player with a $10 discount for siblings.
Registration is open to all Metuchen families for ages K-9 (as of the Fall season)
Our recreational program is designed for all skill levels with games on Saturdays and practices with professional trainers during the week for 1st grade and older.
It’s all about fun and soccer.
Volunteers Needed - No Soccer Skills required
Our organization depends on volunteers! As our club continues to grow (we currently have almost 500 kids playing per fall season), we have seen a marked decrease in the number of volunteers across all our programs. Preparing, organizing, and maintaining a program of our size requires volunteers on the field, at the monthly meetings and behind computers to help make it run smoothly. Your small time commitment can make a huge difference. We need you during the season and in the off-season. See below for the many ways to get involved.
- Coach/Manager - Soccer skills are not required. We will train you. The coach organizes and runs practices and games.
- Assistant Coach - Soccer skills are not required. We will train you. The assistant coach supports the coach and assumes the role of the coach if the coach is absent.
- Team Parent - Team Parents help with team correspondence and organizing the year end party.
- Field Setup & Maintenance - This group of individuals is responsible for field maintenance projects such as assembling the soccer goals at the beginning of the season; moving soccer goals into position Saturday mornings before the first game and/or moving the goals off the field after the last game; marking lines on the fields; disassembling the goals at the season?s end; and moving goals into winter storage.
- Field Assignment - Help us create the field assignments for the season and for the year-end megatastical event.
- Light Administrative Work - Help us manage our correspondence or the registration database. Maybe make a few phone calls to parents and/or coaches.
- Special Projects/Events - These range in size and scope. We need help at our booth on occasions like our busy first and last days of the season.
- Referee Management Team - These individuals would manage the youth referee scheduling and payments. Referees serve the 2nd through 8th grade divisions.
- Sponsor Management - This person would manage the sponsors. They would make decisions regarding how we would showcase sponsors, coordinate all sponsorship activities, and manager sponsor payments in coordination with the treasurer.
- Website Management Assistance - This person would work with the website manager to keep the website up to date.
Frequently Asked Questions
What ages do you have programs for? The regular program is open to youths from kindergarten through ninth grade. We also offer a special pre-k "mini-meggers" program for our youngest kids.
Who is eligible to play? Any child who lives or goes to school in Metuchen or whose parents work in Metuchen is eligible to play.
What does it cost to participate? The fee to participate in the fall program is $90 per player. We realize that financial circumstances sometimes make this a challenge for families. If this is the case, please email us at email@example.com regarding scholarships.
When does the Club's leadership meet? MTSC meetings are normally scheduled for the second Wednesday of each month at 8:00 (or 8:30) PM at the Metuchen Borough Hall (Main Street and Route 27), on the 2nd floor. All parents and guardians of players are invited - and encouraged - to attend. Check our events listings on our home page for dates and time changes. If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tony Black Memorial Scholarships
James Joseph Galeota III (Jake)
Ariana Santo Pietro